Qnap [ Qapache + PHP 7.2.26 ] [ 2.4.39 ] Apache WebServer + PHP + Extensions

Stephane, FYI Apache httpd 2.4.33 has been released. Also a request for Pagespeed Module (if possible)

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=110391&p=665892#p665817

Bonjour Stephane,
I installed the application and I am running in a very weird issue for the second time already.
I have a TS-563 with encrypted drives. The first time, the installation is running smoothly, I setup the server and all I need. but when I reboot the all server... CATASTROPHE!!
The server is not running anymore, when I access /opt/Qapache, all permissions are messed up and I can't remove or reisntall the application.
The first time I had to wipe the NAS to factory but I'd like to avoid that this time. What can I do, I really need your help
Merci d'avance !
O

osimood a dit:
Bonjour Stephane,
I installed the application and I am running in a very weird issue for the second time already.
I have a TS-563 with encrypted drives. The first time, the installation is running smoothly, I setup the server and all I need. but when I reboot the all server... CATASTROPHE!!
The server is not running anymore, when I access /opt/Qapache, all permissions are messed up and I can't remove or reisntall the application.
The first time I had to wipe the NAS to factory but I'd like to avoid that this time. What can I do, I really need your help
Merci d'avance !
O

Hi... i have no idea.. as you say it is weird...
no reason you are loosing right ...

did you install malware remover from appcenter in case of..

no need to reinstall NAS, or factory default... to reinstall Qapache :

simply edit /etc/config/qpkg.conf and delete the Qapache part

on .qpkg (system volume) delete the Qapache directory

try reinstall it wihtin the AppCenter, if not working

download it to your Public share

cd /share/Public
sh -x Qapache*.qpkg

sh -x will give you verbosity on install... and passed it for debug if it doesnt fix the issue

I need more test for 2.4.33 version...

updated openssl to 1.0.2o
updated curl to 1.59

try to debug to fix gnupg extension

this will take more time than expected

QoolBox a dit:
Hi... i have no idea.. as you say it is weird...
no reason you are loosing right ...

did you install malware remover from appcenter in case of..

no need to reinstall NAS, or factory default... to reinstall Qapache :

simply edit /etc/config/qpkg.conf and delete the Qapache part

on .qpkg (system volume) delete the Qapache directory

try reinstall it wihtin the AppCenter, if not working

download it to your Public share

cd /share/Public
sh -x Qapache*.qpkg

sh -x will give you verbosity on install... and passed it for debug if it doesnt fix the issue

Thank you !! I will try and get back to you ASAP !
Again, many thanks, much appreciated. and no, no malware remover on the NAS

I can not delete the folder where the data is "corrupted"... typically I have this type of error:
rm: can't remove 'XYZ': No such file or directory
what to do?...

osimood a dit:
I can not delete the folder where the data is "corrupted"... typically I have this type of error:
what to do?...

I had exactly the same problem right after I updated Qapache to the last version [ Qapache + PHP 7.2.4 ] [ 2.4.29 ].

Impossible to run Qapache, impossible to reinstall it, and impossible to uninstall it from the AppCenter or manually with command line. Lot of files are corrupted and when you run the "ls -alh" command in Qapache directory and subdirectories, only the filenames are displayed, but all the permissions are replaced with question marks (something like ????????? ???????? ????).

And the worst is that it propagated to other directories and shared folders. First I thought about a virus, then I scanned with Malware remover and antivirus but found nothing.

Then I immediately backuped all my files which were still not corrupted and reseted my NAS and I'm actually reinstalling it from scratch.

Now I don't know if I can reinstall the last version of Qapache or if I have to install a previous version... :( :cry:

aliasjcdenton a dit:
osimood a dit:
what to do?...

I had exactly the same problem right after I updated Qapache to the last version [ Qapache + PHP 7.2.4 ] [ 2.4.29 ].

Impossible to run Qapache, impossible to reinstall it, and impossible to uninstall it from the AppCenter or manually with command line. Lot of files are corrupted and when you run the "ls -alh" command in Qapache directory and subdirectories, only the filenames are displayed, but all the permissions are replaced with question marks (something like ????????? ???????? ????).

And the worst is that it propagated to other directories and shared folders. First I thought about a virus, then I scanned with Malware remover and antivirus but found nothing.

Then I immediately backuped all my files which were still not corrupted and reseted my NAS and I'm actually reinstalling it from scratch.

Now I don't know if I can reinstall the last version of Qapache or if I have to install a previous version... :( :cry:
That is indeed EXACTLY the problem I am facing.
- TS-563 with latest firmware and encrypted partition

TS-451+ with last firmware and encrypted disks too. Before I updated Qapache to the latest version, everything was ok. But now I'm unable to say that Qapache is responsible or not. Just right after the update I was unable to run Qapache anymore, nor to uninstall it, even with "rm -rf" command. And "ls -alh" returned "????????? ???'?" permissions.

What is strange is that it even propagated in NextCloud folder structure.

I suspected a virus but nothing found. Then I checked the disks but no filesystem problem too. Then since I really need my NAS, I formatted it to reinstall it completely.

I'm unfortunatelly unable to determine what is the problem... :-(

And now I think I wiil reinstall a previous version of Qapache, waiting to see if other people faced the same problem and found a solution, in case the problem came from Qapache...

That is interesting! Indeed it propagate, but for me it even was outside the htdocs folder:
- one folder in htdocs can not be deleted.
- one database (QMariaDB) can not be deleted either... (files remaining)

I really do not want to have to wipe my NAS again....

It affected some folders in my home folder too (in "homes" share) containing some movies and pictures that were then unable to be deleted too and with "??????????" permissions.

Really strange.

bad news regarding 2.4.33... it is conflicting on compilation with some headers from 2.4.29

it needs a full recompilation once again :(

that will take a lot of time

QoolBox a dit:
bad news regarding 2.4.33... it is conflicting on compilation with some headers from 2.4.29

Thank you for the update. two small questions Stephane:
Any chance to have an x86 version for older NAS that are not supported ?
Did you have a look at the issue described above and would have any clue about what is causing it ?
Merci beaucoup pour ton boulot !
O

No more x86 glibc is too old.. and too many patch are needed to make it compile correctly

no idea about the error... here all is working perfectly on x86-64, arm64 and armx41

QoolBox a dit:

OK no worries, Take your time. Thanks for the update though!