TS-531X / TS-831X - Etendre volume RAID

Strat

Nouveau membre
6 Août 2016
Bonjour à tous,

J'ai lu un commentaire assez inquiétant sur Amazon.com pour le TS-831X concernant l'extension d'un volume RAID :

"I have used QNAPs for a couple of years now. Mostly the higher end models. I was initially intrigued by this model because of the SPF+ ports. I started out with 4x 8TB WD Red drives in Raid 6. Worked great. Need to add an additional 2 drives. The Raid would not expand. I contact support and we work for a couple of hours looking at settings. It comes to light that this model does not support expanding an array beyond 16TB. You can create a larger array but expansion is not possible. I was told it is a limitation of the chipset on this model. I was forced to purchase an additional 2 drives to fill this to capacity with 8TB drives. I then backed up my data wiped the unit, rebuilt my array and restored the data. Overall took 90ish hours and lots of worry. I have tested and recommended X53a and X71 models that both support larger array expansion for people that will be doing something similar. Hope this helps anyone else. Overall it is a good unit and does what I need."

Pour ceux qui ne parlent pas anglais, il est apparemment impossible d'étendre un volume RAID en rajoutant des disques si le volume est supérieur ou égal à 16To... Limitation due au chipset de ces NAS d'après le support Qnap US.

Après m'être renseigner, je suis tombé sur un communiqué récent de Qnap :
https://www.qnap.com/en/qa/con_show.php?op=showone&cid=51

Mais je ne comprends pas... le TS-831X est censé être livré avec QTS 4.2.21 minimum... donc ce n'est pas censé poser de problème.
Limitation logiciel ou matériel?

Est-ce que Qnap pourrait m'éclairer svp? Cette fonctionnalité va réellement déterminer mon achat...

Merci.