Qnap [NZBHydra2 ] [ 5.1.0 ] Usenet meta search

v4.4.0 (2022-06-26)

Feature Add validation to ensure your configuration matches the requirements of a certain indexer.

Feature Warn when exposing NZBHydra to the internet via host 0.0.0.0 with no authentication enabled.

Note In the same vein I decided to remove the option to ignore warnings when saving the config. You'll just have to live with it or, ideally, fix the things causing the warnings.

Note All the above stems from the fact that a lot of people (=idiots) have their NZBHydra (or *arr) instances wide open to the world without any authentication whatsoever. DO NOT DO THAT! People will steal your API keys and possibly get your indexer access disabled or revoked for good. I'm trying to automatically detect that but it's not easy distinguishing valid accesses from fraudulent ones.

Hi,

can you check, if for some reason NzbHydra2 saves some sort of temp files into the QNAP directory /tmp.
Every other week NzbHydra2 saves a file with one or two files like XXXXXzip (no . in the file).
It results in the complete usage of the RamDisk drive of Qnap, with some problematic effects.

Best regards
Lenny

Hi, it seems that it happens when a backup is created. But for some reason the temp file is not deleted in the /tmp folder after successful backup

Hi,

can you please change your temp folder code in the /tmp folder to something in the app directory.

It really makes problems for the Qnap system as the qnap ramdisk gets blocked.

mkdir -p $QPKG_ROOT/tmp export TEMPDIR=$QPKG_ROOT/tmp export TMPDIR=$QPKG_ROOT/tmp case "$1" in start) ENABLED=$(/sbin/getcfg $QPKG_NAME Enable -u -d FALSE -f $CONF) if [ "$ENABLED" != "TRUE" ]; then echo "$QPKG_NAME is disabled." exit 1 fi /bin/ln -sf $QPKG_ROOT /opt/$QPKG_NAME mkdir -p $QPKG_ROOT/tmp export TMPDIR=$QPKG_ROOT/tmp export TEMPDIR=$QPKG_ROOT/tmp

Best regards
Lenny

Hi,

it looks like the link $QPKG_ROOT always goes back to the root directory of the QNAP and not as intented to the root directory of the app!

Best regards
Lenny

$QPKG_ROOT belong to the .qpkg directory where the NZBHydra is installed

TEMPDIR is the flag to change location in Linux for temporary file, instead to use /tmp

here it creates a tmp directory in NZBhdra directory and use it...

if NZBHydra do not respect this, there is nothing i can do...

are you sure you prblème belond to /tmp and is cannot be setup in NZBhydra

as workaround you can grow your /tmp by remount it

mount -o remount,size=256M /tmp

will be remounted ad use 256MB RAM

Hi,

the increase for the partition helped for temporary relief. Thanks for that!

Non the less there is 100% something wrong with the $QPKG_ROOT/tmp. It definetely does not point to the /tmp folder in the qpkg directory! It always points the /tmp folder of the qnap standard directory, which has the small partition.

I replicated it through ssh and I always end up in the /tmp the directory of qnap and not of the qpkg.

Best regards
Lenny