10 559
France
www.qnap.com
26939.png

Source : official twonky

Download : x64, x86, all arm

https://www.qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/414

juste pour le fun, si comme moi vous avez une licence Twonky
et comme Qnap ne compte pas renouveler le contrat avec Twonky, je prends le relais avec la version Trial officiel

QoolBox a dit:
juste pour le fun, si comme moi vous avez une licence Twonky
et comme Qnap ne compte pas renouveler le contrat avec Twonky, je prends le relais avec la version Trial officiel

Stephane

I ran in to some issues with this build.

Once I setup Twonky and save all setting, if I reboot the NAS, I loose all settings and have to setup Twonky Server again. (using x64 QTS 4.3.0)

I upgraded from QTS 4.3.0 to QTS 4.3.2 and lost all my settings again. not sure if the reboot done this of the upgrade.

Hi Qoolbox,

Thanks for the QTwonky 8.3.1 qpkg
Do you know if QNAP is going to renew the license for the Twonky media server? Because if you have used the license provided with the NAS so far, you only have 30 days for this trial version. Or is there a way to re-use the old Twonky license?

I had this bad surprise when upgrading from QTS 4.2.2 to QTS 4.3.2 beta that Twonky 8.2.1 is not more compatible. But the thing is Twonky is the app. I use the most for streaming videos and music to my equipments.
I find the built-in QNAP DLNA media server crappy. E.g. no MKV reading from my connected TV, and I guess I could transcode but why should I setup transcoding when Twonky does not need such a setup?
I also tried to use Plex, but I don't need all the UI features around Plex, and, most of all, having to use a Plex app from the Opera store on my Sony TV is a pain in the ass, when Twonky is fine for all formats with the TV media player.
Twonky was just perfect so far: simple to use, no transcoding to setup, no app. If I had known that QTS 4.3 would not support it, I would not have made the upgrade.

Thanks

Qnap wil not update their licensed version anymore, they will focus on their own DLNA server

that why i publish it, but this is a Trial Version and if you like Twonky Licence is not so expensive

Hi Stephane,

I´ve installed your version QTwonky_8.3.1_x86_64.qpkg.zip on my QNAP TS-451+ with new beta firmware 4.3.2.0026. Twonky v8.2.1 is deinstalled and internal DLNA Media Server is deaktivated.

My problem is now that I can´t access the config pape http://qnap-nas:9000. Is there something to do in the config file or what is the resolution for it?

Loelli

Loelli a dit:
Hi Stephane,

I´ve installed your version QTwonky_8.3.1_x86_64.qpkg.zip on my QNAP TS-451+ with new beta firmware 4.3.2.0026. Twonky v8.2.1 is deinstalled and internal DLNA Media Server is deaktivated.

My problem is now that I can´t access the config pape http://qnap-nas:9000. Is there something to do in the config file or what is the resolution for it?

Loelli

did you reboot NAS ?

QoolBox a dit:
Loelli a dit:
Hi Stephane,

Loelli

did you reboot NAS ?

Qui :) Yes, I've done several times. The twonky is shown in network, but I can't config. Any idea?

Try using a Different IP address of one of the other Interfaces.

I found my Twonky Server would default to my "Default Gateway" interface and not the Management interface I wanted.

Toxic a dit:
Try using a Different IP address of one of the other Interfaces.

I found my Twonky Server would default to my "Default Gateway" interface and not the Management interface I wanted.

Right. This was the solution. thx

Stephane.

Twonky 8.4 is now released

https://docs.twonky.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/4554754

QoolBox a dit:
thanks , updated ;)

Thanks for the Quick response!

the 8.4 build has changed you need to create an account online and then register your Serial number, but it shows you have 3 instances of the licence to install ;)

Code:
Twonky Server 8.4
Skip to end of metadataGo to start of metadata
New Features
By right clicking on a container in the Twonky Server WebUI one gets the option to add this container to 'Favorites'. Favorites are listed as new node for browsing Twonky Server. The Favorites node is only listed if not empty.
Activation of end user license keys now requires a Lynx account. Through this account Twonky Server instances are managed in the Lynx backend. The same account can be utilized to connect the SmartLynx engine with the Lynx backend.
New smart playlists for songs, pictures and videos that have been added same day. They are called "New Today".
Improvements
added client adaptation for Sony PlayStation 4
added accounting error codes for new handling of licenses in the Lynx backend
added an INI setting to remove the M-DMS device class from the server's device description
added an INI setting to set the "artist" property based on the "albumartist" metadata in the media file.
added date property to music albums containers
added rpc call get_thumbnail_url that retrieves the url of a media item's thumbnail from its file path
added subtitle support for Samsung TV J and M series
added support for file extension .midi
added support for more subtitle formats for Samsung TV, added general support for timed-text (.ttxt) subtitle format
fixed display of high resolution photos on Sony BluRay players
improved album art support for Kodi player
improved device handling in the client list
improved discovery of Chromecast devices
improved robustness when scanning corrupted .wav files
improved support for iPhoto [Mac only]
internal files for eventing of removable volume(s) are now stored directly on the external volume(s)
not showing MIDI and WMAPRO audio for Samsung TV anymore
now parsing duration from ID3-tagged FLAC files
Bug fixes
fixed a buffer overflow in the multibyte character conversion
fixed a crash when scanning large .wav music files
fixed album art sometimes missing in .flac audio content
fixed beaming to Denon DWS-1000
fixed broken restart behavior for upload and mirror locations
fixed buffer overrun caused by multibyte-character encoding conversion [Mac only]
fixed certificate verification in TLS-module
fixed crash if server is stopped shortly after start
fixed crash on shutdown
fixed crash when user configured specific language variants (e.g. English US instead of just English) [Mac only]
fixed crashes in MP3 and Wave scanners
fixed escaping of titles in the parent lists in the RSS server feeds
fixed import of iTunes database [Linux only]
fixed memory leak in TLS-module
fixed missing duration of songs imported from iTunes
fixed name handling for Chromecast devices
fixed possible crashes and unresponsiveness after waking up [Mac only]
fixed possible shutdown when server follows symbolic links by scanning a shared folder [Linux only]
fixed retrieval of date property in .mp3 and .wav audio content
fixed start failure if server cannot get the preferred language of the user [Mac only]
fixed that .wav files remain locked after scan
fixed that playback of a video ends 1 second before the total duration
iTunes playlists are no longer imported automatically [Windows only]
server adapted to the changed behavior of CTT test case 7.4.40.8
server did a frequent lookup of server managed directories if these do not exist on startup
server does not handle extensions in playlists case insensitive [Mac only]
server installation is now enforced to be in Applications [Mac only]
fixed that webUI admin passwords did not support special characters
Sort order in folders fixed, if use_filename_in_folderview is set and explicit sort by title is requested
Known issues
subtitle support is broken with Netgem player
the control point window from the web UI sometimes sticks to mouse pointer
"My Russound" app does not show the correct album art when used with Twonky Server
UPnP inspector gets confused when Twonky Server provides multiple artist tags with different roles
audiobooks can not be aggregated by other Twonky Servers
beaming media from Mediatomb to Samsung TV D series does not work
duration calculation of MPEG2TS files is not accurate if timeseek generation is disabled
error in Mac OS logs for filedb-delete is actually only a warning; operation is not impacted
thumbnails of some rotated images do not show up correctly in webUI
updating from 7.x to 8.x with preserve settings leaves some files in c:
new translation strings are missing for Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and Korean

update from 8.3.1 to 8.4 on my TS-EC1080 .. no prob at this time..

Licence purchased for version 6.3 some years ago seems still valid..

Edit indeed require a register to access parameter in Twonky Webui

QoolBox a dit:
glibc x86 and armv5 too old to support newer version

I see Twonky themselves are making them available:

Qnap arm-x09 package
Qnap arm-x19 package
Qnap arm-x31 package
Qnap arm-x41 package
Qnap x86 package
Qnap x86-64 package

http://twonkyforum.com/downloads/8.4/