- 02 juin 2020 18:32
I have been testing out v3.0 on my Qnap TS-1677X, and it is acting a little weird.
The installation works flawless (used the repo in Qnap WebGUI), and I edit the settings.json, and that is working, so far so good.
Today after it have been running all night, my system memory was low. I have 16 GB, and 2 GB reserved for a VM server. That have never happened before.
I checked Transmission through Transmission Remote GUI, and saw a couple of trackers had no connection, checked if Transmission v3 was whitelisted on the sites, and only one of them hadn't whitelisted it yet.
I removed Transmission completely from the NAS, rebooted, updated the firmware (manually), installed Transmission v3 (downloaded the file manually), stopped the service, edited settings.json, started the server.
The settings was back to the old settings with qnap / qnap and so on. Tried a few times and finally it went through.
It was still the same with the trackers as before - the same ones didn't work.
Tried a new port number - same result (yes, I have opened it in my router).
Tried to test the port through Transmission Remote GUI, and got and error with no http. Tested it on my other 2 Qnap's, and they responded with everything working (they run Transmission 2.94).
Shut down the Transmission app through App Center in Qnap WebGUI, but noticed that Transmission Remote GUI still had access to Transmission v3 on that NAS, so it's like there is running another instance of Transmission v3 in the background...
I have never experienced this before, and have been using Transmission for years on my Qnap systems...