Qnap [WireGuard ] [ 1.180802 ] An extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography (Beta)

QoolBox

Représentant QNAP
2 Janvier 2014
10 559
France
www.qnap.com
wireguard.svg

source : https://www.wireguard.com

Download :

https://www.qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/646

Note :

install 4.2.8 kernel module on Start for your NAS

wg or wg-quick added to NAS $PATH automatically

In Beta actually, because i have no way and time to test it really

About :

WireGuard® is an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography. It aims to be faster, simpler, leaner, and more useful than IPSec, while avoiding the massive headache. It intends to be considerably more performant than OpenVPN. WireGuard is designed as a general purpose VPN for running on embedded interfaces and super computers alike, fit for many different circumstances. Initially released for the Linux kernel, it is now cross-platform and widely deployable. It is currently under heavy development, but already it might be regarded as the most secure, easiest to use, and simplest VPN solution in the industry.

I posted the following message over at qnapclub.fr before I found this forum. I hope you can help:

I have installed this WireGuard QPKG on my TS-453 Pro and I am trying to configure it.
I have found that the wireguard.ko kernel module installs fine. I can do "ip link add wg0 type wireguard" and "ip addr add 10.8.66.1/24 dev wg0" and they successfully create the device, as shown by "ifconfig wg0".
However, the "wg" program is unable to set anything on the wg0 interface. Commands like "wg set wg0 listen-port 50186 private-key ./privatekey" fail with "Unable to modify interface: Operation not supported". Even the "wg show" command fails with "Unable to access interface wg0: Operation not supported".

I don't believe I've done anything wrong with the installation. Everything behaves as expected except for this final step that is necessary to create the vpn tunnel.
Using "cat /sys/module/wireguard/version" I get "0.0.20180731-12-g2086e70" which indicates it's a pretty old version for this package that is under very active development. It is even possible the whole problem I'm having has been fixed in a more recent released version.

Please let me know if I missed any installation or configuration steps here. If not, I'm asking if an up-to-date version of WireGuard could be built and this QPKG updated to it.
I'm happy to test any new builds on my NAS prior to a general release.

Thank you for your time,
- LoopinFool